(Australian Associated Press)
TIPS FOR PARENTS TO KEEP CHILDREN SAFE ONLINE:
* Keep your child’s personal information such as full name and age private
* Ensure the background of photos or videos doesn’t give away your address or location (and don’t post your location or “check in”)
* Avoid posting photos of your child in school uniform
* Only share images of your children with people you know and trust
* For community accounts, consider having a closed group with approved members and ensure you have strong privacy settings in place.
SOURCE: The Australian Federal Police