(Australian Associated Press)
WHAT’S IN THE BUDGET FOR UNIVERSITIES AND STUDENTS:
* No deregulation of university fees.
* Extra year reprieve for universities facing 20 per cent funding cut with reforms delayed until January 1, 2018.
* Less funding to get poorer students into uni with $152 million cut to higher education participation program.
* Universities overall get $12.3 billion extra funding, a 0.9 per cent increase.
* $49.4 billion for research and development
* $8.1 million to boost website helping students pick courses.
* $10.1 million to help Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency deal with more enrolments.
* $7 billion loan funding for private college students in 2016-17.
* $10 million national campaign to redesign embattled vocational education and training sector.